The Ominous Labs is a rare ABL location laid out like an office building, containing a little food and a safe. In one room in the labs there is a strange machine which, along with a guaranteed increase in Strength and Fitness by 1, can have one of nine effects on the character that enters it, with further possibilities depending on the character's initial traits:
- Gives a bald character random hair and increases their Morale by 3.
- Otherwise makes a character bald and decreases their Morale by 3.
- Head Scale
- Gives a 5-6 Wits character 20% smaller head size and decreases their Wits and Shooting by 1.
- Otherwise gives a character 20% bigger head size and increases their Wits and Shooting by 1.
- Dexterity and Height
- Gives a character with Dexterity greater than their default 30% less body height and resets their Dexterity to minimum.
- Otherwise gives a character 30% more body height and increases their Dexterity by 1.
- Switches the character's gender, scrambles their appearance, and sets their Morale to maximum.
- Makes a dog Supertrained and sets their Loyalty to minimum.
- Otherwise turns a character into a Supertrained dog and sets their Loyalty to maximum.
- Body Scale
- (50%) Gives a character 20% smaller head size and 30% smaller body size.
- (50%) Gives a character 20% bigger head and body size and increases their Vitality by 1.
- Vitality and Width
- Gives a character with Vitality greater than 3 40% less body width and sets their Vitality to 2.
- Otherwise gives a character 50% more body width and increases their Vitality by 1.
- Dog Hybrids
- Turns a dog into a dogman, a dog with the body of a human.
- Turns a human into a dogtaur, a dog with the torso and arms of a human.
- Turns a dogtaur or a dogman into a dogdogtaur, a dog with the arms of a human and the head of a dog and the legs of a dog.
- Turns a dogdogtaur into a dogdogdogtaur. No effect.
- Fly DNA Splicing
- (50%) Replaces a dog or human's head with that of a fly's, changing their voice.
- (50%) Replaces a dog or human's body with that of a fly's, giving them the Claw unarmed attack.
- Gives a character with a pre-existing fly head/body their remaining fly part.
- Does not affect a character with both a fly head and a fly body.
Turning a Rare Character into a dog will unlock any undroppable weapons in their first slot. This will open them up for use by any party member. Any undroppable weapons in the second or third slot are lost.
The group drives past an office complex. The sign says OMNI-BIO-CORP LABS, which sounds way too evil to be a real company.