Main Release Version History
Version history for main releases. Version history for other releases of the game (mobile soon) are linked below.
Main version releases are named and sorted using the names of different body parts (like SPLEEN or AORTA).
You can see all the alpha, beta, test, and post-release updates here, on the steam news page. It is here for a more organized look, and as an emergency archive.
|10/30/19 JEJUNUM||JEJUNUM Update||- New character customization options (faces and hairstyles)
- Changes to Mall locations
- Scripting language and AI tweaks, increased gameplay mode and statmod limits
|8/19/19 ILEUM||ILEUM Update (Part 2)||- New events: Cloud Watching, Death Car to Right Here Extra Deluxe Ultima Wonkor Burger, Last Computer, Last Chance for the Internet, Trust Building Exercise
- New weapon: Napalm Thrower
- Co-op control adjustments
- Tweaks to certain bandit events and locations
- Updated weapon price list for Weapons Barterer
- Bug and crash fixes
|6/18/19 ILEUM||ILEUM Update (Part 1)||- New event: The Big McDowell
- New trader: Heavy Ordnance Trader
- New weapons: Electric Chainsaw, E-whacker, E-blower, Bazooka, Grenade Launcher, Landmine, Blacksmith Hammer, Rake, Hoe, Saw, Spoon, Fork, Butter Knife, Haunted Fork, Haunted Knife, Haunted Spoon, Fairy Bat
- Cloud saving
- AI weapon locking
- Dog poop system
- Haunted furniture
- Tweaks and fixes for various weapons (charge weapons, electric weapons, bow, bazooka, plasms rifle)
- Adjusted loot tables for certain locations (bunkers, mansions)
- Dirtier Yall-Mart floors
- Other bug and issue fixes
|11/4/18 HUMERUS||Humerus Mini-Update||- Bug and crash fixes|
|10/29/18 HUMERUS||Humerus Mini-Update||- Even more co-op improvements
- Minor rare character fixes and tweaks
|10/23/18 HUMERUS||HUMERUS Update||- 4-player co-op support
- Many co-op tweaks and improvements
- Revamped recruitment system
- Improved character change after dying
- Small changes to certain events and rare characters
|6/11/18 GIZZARD||GIZZARD Extra Mini Update||- New trader camp: Last Mall on Earth
- Minor adjustments to area generation
|6/4/18 GIZZARD||GIZZARD Update||- New character: Moody
- New song: One More Road
- Removed ability to sell undroppable weapons
- Other small fixes
|5/5/18 FEMUR||Canada Crossing Update||- Changes to Canada's Border (added snowplows, tweaked ending fight)
-Major crash fix
|3/27/18 FEMUR||FEMUR Bonus Update!||- New Trader Camps: Fence of Values, Bazaar, Trader Inferno, Farmhouse Camp, Big Trading House
- New trader: Fire Sale Trader
- New weapon: Blowtorch XL
- Some price changes for selling weapons
- Minor fixes and changes
|3/12/18 FEMUR||FEMUR Update||- New Perk: Bow and Arrows
- New character: Barbarian
- Bow firing tweaks
- Other misc changes
|2/14/18||Valentine's Day Update||- New character: Cupid
- New weapon: Cupid Bow
- Minor gameplay tweaks and fixes
|11/30/17 EYEBALL||EYEBALL Update (Part Two)||- Golden ZP Skulls- New events: Cursed Treasure, Hand Upgrade, Sewer Rodent, DMV|
|10/28/17 EYEBALL||EYEBALL Update (Part One)||- Lots of new random events- Minor changes to the AI
- Various gameplay tweaks
|- New Lighting System- Fire Changes
- New Cheevos
- New Music tracks
- New Barricading Feature
- 43 New Weapons
- Changes to existing Weapons
- Fireproof Trait
- Multiple tweaks and fixes
- Throwable trashcans added to maps.
|6/30/17||Unannounced July Holidays Update||- Added 4th July Event + Uncle Sam & Muscle Eagle.
- Added 1st July Event + Beaver now recruitable.
|6/16/17 COCCYX||COCCYX Update||- New Zombo Points unlock system.
- New Zombo Town location.
- Epilogues added to Game Ending for surviving characters.
- New Rare Event: Video Casette Player
- New Unlocks Trader: Unomey
- New Character-specific weapons
- UI and System Changes
- Various Misc changes
- Lots of small fixes
|4/20/17 BRAINSTEM||Minor Fixes Update||- Some fixes for the AI.- Miscellaneous bug fixes.|
|3/22/17 BRAINSTEM||Mobile Release Update||- Mobile version launched!- New traders: Weapons Barterer and Polearm Pal.
- New rare trader: the Skeleton Knight.
- Ultimate Sports Fan added.
- Shovel no longer breaks.
- Some trading prices reduced.
- Various bug fixes.
|2/26/17 AORTA||Minor Fixes Update||- Cheevo icon is now a skull.
- Some fixes for the AI.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
|1/29/17 AORTA||AORTA Update||- Cheevos (Achievements) added.
- New final Trader Camp before reaching Canada.
- Characters can now be recruited from Trading Camps.
- Some Rare Characters can be recruited from Trading Camps.
- Weegee Board event added.
- Dog Poop event added.
- Baby Pets can be found (for Kickstarter supporters only)
- Blunt Master.
- Cat Lady and her cats.
- Debutante added, with a purse.
- A special cat (Oscar) and dog (Sam Byool).
- New Weapons: Claw Hammer, Ballpeen Hammer, Rubber Mallet, Screwdriver, Scissors, Scalpel, Tire Iron, Air Horn, Tennis Racket, Oar, Ice Pick, Knitting Needle, Purse, Shiv, Fire Poker, Pool Cue and MEGA MAUL.
- Ouchie Spray added.
- Special death quotes for dogs, cats and goats.
- LOTS of bug fixes!
|10/29/16 SPLEEN||Halloween Update||
- Cats, new pet type. Meow.
- New special events.
- Future support for pets, allowing mods new possibilities.
- Characters can float, allowing mods new possibilites.
- "Halloween Weirdness."
- Vampires, Mummies, and Dancing Skeletons.
- Scythe weapon.
- Graveyard location.
- Bug fixes.
|10/20/16 SPLEEN||Follower AI Update||
- AI changes for all AI, including zombies.
- New pathfinding system, including around zombies.
- Follow orders better.
- AI values better weapons more than worse weapons.
|8/22/16 SPLEEN||Always be Looting Update||
- Drive to another location system revamped/removed.
- Explorer perk changes.
- Better fullscreen resolution calls.
- DSYP changes.
- Toilet Genie changes.
|8/18/16 SPLEEN||Minor Fixes Update||
- Different cursor for keyboard/controller ingame.
- Multiple tweaks to throwables.
- The Curse of Anime can be removed now.
|8/16/16 SPLEEN #2||Minor Fixes Update||
- Controllers controls are now more stable and have less bugs.
- Fixed some event bugs.
- Revamped/Fixed collision on multiple things, mainly throwables.
|8/16/16 SPLEEN #1||Minor Fixes Update||
Multiple event and character changes and fixes.
Slightly tweaked ending.
Controllers are now more stable in general and have less bugs.
Collision and AI work.
|8/12/16 SPLEEN||Bugfixes, Perks, and AI Update||
Multiple bug fixes.
AI and collision changes.
Martial Artist, Big Bruiser, and Gun Collector perk added.
Multiple perk effects changed.
More AI fixes including removing some cars from an event.
Multiple weapon changes.
Lots of Rare Character changes.
Tweaked generation of multiple areas to make it more AI friendly.
|8/4/16 SPLEEN||Orders Update||
Added multiple orders to give to AI when going on missions.
Lots of UI changes to the menu before going on a mission.
Rare character tweaks and graphics tweaks.
Weapon tweaks mainly to throwables and AI picking up.
|8/2/16 SPLEEN||Minor Fixes Update||
CO-OP changes and heart reports!
Cheaper weapons at trading camps.
Changed merchants and city generation.
Bug fixes and multiple tweaks.
|7/30/16 SPLEEN||Minor Fixes Update||
New UI changes and tweaks.
Better error logging and loot report.
|7/28/16 SPLEEN||Balance and Features Update||
New healing system.
Lots of balance changes, including less car breakdown RNG.
UI features and support for 64 custom characters.
Lots of bug fixes and more small tweaks.
|7/23/16 SPLEEN||Minor Fixes Update||
Multiple bug fixes, including crash fixes.
|1.05||- PC version's COCCYX update now available for mobile.|
|1.04||- Apple Replay streaming added- Many minor tweaks to improve gameplay|
|1.02||- Added MFi controller support- Various tweaks and bug fixes|
|1.01||- PC version's BRAINSTEM update is now available for mobile.|
|1.0||- Mobile version launched!|